Keep Playing, Stay Active: Small Grants for Hub Clubs
The Community Sports Hub are calling for funding proposals that will enable sports club to meet one of the following,
- Aid return to sport following COVID guidelines
- Keep members active and connected through COVID and winter
- Ensure club resilience in face of further lockdowns
- Provide initiatives to support mental health and wellbeing of club members/ local community through physical activity
- Min Grant application – £100
- Max grant application – £1000
We are actively encouraging innovative and creative projects to achieve these aims. As well as funding required please indicate if you are looking for support from our Hub Officer and wish to discuss any project prior to application.
To be eligible, your club must be
- A member of one of the 5 Community Sports Hubs (Tiree, Islay & Jura, Rothesay, Cowal or Oban) in Argyll & Bute prior to 1st December 2020.
- Signed up to the liveArgyll Accreditation scheme and, if not already provided, all required evidence of good club governance prior to being awarded the funding grant if you are successful. For more information here.
- Have a club bank account
Guidance on Applying.
We are looking for clubs to demonstrate current limitations they are facing to return to sport, keep connected with members, or where they have learnt through the COVID pandemic areas where a club could increase its resilience.
Examples of projects could include, but not limited to:
- Volunteer / Staff training/development to support different delivery methods during COVID
- Train and upskill club committees or to increase diversity on club committees
- Virtual or online services/software/equipment to allow virtual or blended sport delivery
- Projects that will lead to increased mental and physical wellbeing of members/local community through club activity
- Training for Welfare Officers
- Services to improve a club website so it is update to with linked social media accounts to allow for improved sharing of information to current and prospectus/new members or too keep members better connected
We cannot fund facility upkeep or running costs, pitch booking or courses we are already providing (DIT, CPWS).
Deadline for applications is 8pm 6th December 2020
Please fill out application form below to apply. For any questions contact the Community Sport Hub Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of our ongoing commitment to be transparent about how we use your data and how we store it safely, we have updated our policies to comply with the new standards introduced by the European Data Protection Law, known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Please go to the LiveArgyll website to read our specific privacy notices https://www.liveargyll.co.uk/privacy-policy
Returns on awarded grants.
All grants will be awarded before the end of January 2021 to be spent in the following 12 months. During the 12 months we will ask for at least 2 social media media posts about how the grant is helping your club tagging us, a short impact summary and evidence of how the money was spent.
Twitter @ABActiveSchools | FB @liveArgyll
#communitysporthub #KeepPlaying #StayActive