liveArgyll Libraries are delighted to announce that we will be reopening for limited browsing with updated opening times in the following libraries from the 12th of October:
Campbeltown: Monday 9.30 – 12.30 & Friday 9.30 – 12.30
Dunoon: Tuesday 9.00 – 12.00 & Wednesday 9.00 – 12.00
Helensburgh: Monday 9.30 – 12.30 & Friday 12.30 – 15.30
Lochgilphead: Thursday 9.30 – 12.30
Oban: Tuesday 10.00 – 13.00 & Wednesday 10.00 – 13.00
Rothesay: Wednesday 9.30 – 12.30 & Thursday 13.30 – 16.30
Only browsing of book shelves, book returns and issues will be available during this phase of re-opening. There will be no access to any other library services eg. computers, newspapers, study space, local history research, photocopiers etc.
Our Click and Collect service will remain available during these opening times.
What you can expect when visiting our libraries:
- Members will not be required to book a slot but while visiting the library a member of staff will take contact details as we are following ‘Test and Protect’ guidelines.
- A member of staff will also explain our revised procedures and safety measures. Customers may have to queue as we have limited capacity.
- There will be restricted numbers able to access sites which are determined by risk assessments.
- Once at capacity it’s one person in and one out.
- Members will be required to use hand sanitiser on entry and exit.
- Members are required to wear face coverings when entering our premises. Staff will wear face coverings when out on the general library floor – but these are not required when working at the issue desk behind a screen.
- Whilst books will always be quarantined for 72 hours before going back out into stock, members will be advised that they browse at their own risk, as others might have recently handled the books.
- Once members have decided on their book selection they can then bring their books to the counter where team members will process them.
- Returned books will be quarantined for 72 hours.