We are absolutely delighted to advise that all of our libraries are open and browsing is no longer limited. Customers can spend as long as they wish browsing and also use seating provided including study areas. Our libraries in Campbeltown, Dunoon, Helensburgh, Lochgilhead, Oban and Rothesay offer a Click & Collect service and our larger town libraries also have available our People’s Network computers for use.
We have a number of measures in place for you to safely enjoy your visit to our libraries and these exceed Scottish Government guidelines.
For further information and reassurance on our safety measures, please read below:
- Face coverings are no longer mandatory
- There are hand sanitiser stations available at the library entrance for everyone to use before and during their visit
- The Library Supervisor will ensure customers and staff teams follow all protocols and procedures in the safest way possible
- We have enhanced and increased our cleaning schedules and procedures to maintain a higher level of hygiene across all libraries
- We are cleaning throughout the day using anti-viral disinfectant cleaner with enhanced cleaning taking place during planned periods of down time when no customers will be on site
- We have introduced protective screens at our library issue desks to protect both members and our staff
- All books will be cleaned down by our staff on their return
- Staff will fully clean down public network computers between users